22 Feb 2017 Tips for a Safe 2017 Spring Break
Spring Break is here!
For college students, a long awaited spring break is finally coming! They deserve a break after all their hard work, and many students choose to take their spring break by travelling. If that’s true for you, all you have to do is to simply plan and book the trip. Simple, you’re thinking?! It can be!
The kids are out of school and you are going as a family, or your kids are all grown up and going by themselves. (yikes!) Either way, take a few minutes to look at these helpful tips before you leave:
- Unplug electronics and appliances.
- Make sure that all your doors and windows are locked.
- Make sure to maintain heat in your home to avoid any frozen pipes.
- Check on your travel insurance and your health insurance policies.
- Road Trip? Call your auto insurance agent for a review of your coverage’s.
- Insure your expensive items. Travelling abroad can create coverage concerns. Call your agent to review today!
- Make your house seem like someone is still home.
Think you’re still forgetting something? Before you head out the door keep these important items in mind:
- Passport, if you are leaving the country of course!
- Health Insurance Card.
- Auto Insurance Card: If you are going to rent or going on a road trip.
- Forget the multiple credit cards, and definitely forget your Social Security Card. Identity Theft is real, so only pack what is really necessary.
- Cash, especially when leaving the country to avoid all types of credit card fraud.
- ID Cards.
Overwhelmed? Don’t be. Packing and making sure you have everything you need can be a lot to remember. But if you use these tips as a checklist, you’ll be on the road to success. And what about all the insurance questions? Give us a call at (800) 941-3317; well take care of those for you. Those few steps will be easier than packing. We promise!
And hey – you’re about to be on a relaxing trip from reality, so enjoy your spring break trip and stay safe!