Desired Traits & Key Characteristics
- We are looking for someone with proven sales success, who is reliable, proactive, has attention to detail, puts pride in their work, learns quickly, is computer efficient and wants to grow with our business.
- The right attitude to succeed as a Sales Executive is to approach prospects and clients with compassion and honesty.
- We use a conversational tone, yet also make sure we follow up, follow through and “Go For No”.
- To be successful as a Sales Executive requires tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get things done.
- Our Sales Executives believe in shopping local and supporting the local community. To do that you must be flexible for meetings and networking events, including those outside of regular business hours.
- You must demonstrate excellent communication skills and be able to really listen to the needs of the small business owner. An effective Sales Executive will drive business through building authentic relationships, living our core values, committing to personal growth and having fun.
Mission of the Sales Executive
- The mission of the Sales Executive is to grow our small business and personal lines book of business by embracing the Berry Insurance sales process and applying these strategies daily.
- Along with our progressive marketing techniques, the Sales Executive will need to attend networking activities and build relationships within the community; as well as call on lost business, unsold quotes, and monoline business for account rounding opportunities.
- An active Massachusetts Property & Casualty insurance license is preferred, but for the right candidate we would make considerations. (Must obtain their insurance license within 3 months of their start date.)
If you are looking to work for a local, family-based business that is growing, cares about the community, and is a fun place to work every day – consider us!
Marketing & Branding – College Internship
Are you a passionate college student with a strong interest in digital and social media marketing? If you love people, community, social media and working with a fun group of people, this may be the position for you! Insurance experience is a bonus but not a requirement for this position, so no need to worry if you are new to insurance; we welcome you!
Berry Insurance is looking for an intern to work with our marketing team on digital/social media projects for all departments. Our marketing team drives the agency brand and we are seeking an intern who can participate in various stages of marketing campaigns. The right candidate will be driven, detailed, fun loving, creative and passionate about spreading the word about Berry Insurance. We are only looking for candidates with a can-do attitude!
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and will have the opportunity to gain broad experience in insurance and various aspects of marketing.
Principal Duties or Responsibilities:
- Assist in the creation of marketing assets, such as emails, landing pages, freemiums, social content, etc.
- Educate the modern consumer about the Independent Agency.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials.
- Create a system to integrate social networking into every area of the agency.
- Increase the number of prospects and clients connecting with us via social media.
- Utilize blogging, web page optimization, web search engine registries, and back links to raise our web presence and placement on web searches.
- Increase the number of clients and prospects with offerings on our “Partners of Berry Insurance” savings website.
- Create, edit and produce videos for agency, posting on social networks such as YouTube and Facebook.
- Run an email awareness campaign in our HubSpot digital marketing system and measure the results.
- Researching social networking and other digital marketing trends, reporting these findings with suggestions on implementation to Marketing Manager.
- Report on core metrics to agency leadership.
- Enter contact information into contact management systems.
- Other activities as assigned by Marketing Manager.
Additional Training Details:
The Intern will be required to obtain a HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification at the start of the program.
Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field, with an outstanding academic record. Eligible candidates may earn course credit(s) for participation in internship.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
- High aptitude for digital and viral marketing including a strong understanding of WordPress, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Blogging.
- Solid understanding of the internet and how to utilize the internet and social networking to market and promote in a business environment.
- Excellent technology skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently as well as in team environments, often under tight deadline situations.
- A professional, creative and innovative thinker.
- Experience with HubSpot and creative tools such as Canva and PicMonkey are ideal, but not required.
The Marketing & Branding Internship will be for the duration of your Academic Semester (~12 weeks). Interns are expected to work a minimum of 15 hours/week with the option of working up to 20 hours/week during normal business hours of Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. This position will be open at the Franklin office – 31 Hayward Street, Franklin, MA.
This position is a paid position. The rate per hour will be determined in advance of a candidate’s start date.
To apply, you must be a college Junior or Senior. Please send resume and cover letter.