Real Umbrella Insurance Risk
AVERAGE COST OF A CUP OF COFFEE
COST PER DAY OF AN AVERAGE POLICY
AVERAGE AMOUNT OF COVERAGE YOU RECEIVE
Schedule A Consult Today!
MASSACHUSETTS UMBRELLA INSURANCE
Get a Quote Today
You’re required to purchase home insurance by your mortgage company and auto insurance by the state to keep your car registered. But there is one policy the team at Berry Insurance also always recommends, it’s a Massachusetts umbrella insurance policy. No, this policy is not for a rainy day. But it does provide a little additional protection. With just a small investment, it can protect you financially in the event of a large incident. Umbrella insurance, sometimes also referred to as excess liability, is what kicks in when your policy runs out of coverage. In large claims, once your policy limits are expended, you are personally responsible for the remaining amount.
Now you may be thinking, “That stuff never happens to us.” But for less than $1 per day, in many cases, why take that chance? We live in a litigious society. Even accidents that are completely unintentional can carry significant financial impact. You work hard for your assets. You don’t want one unintentional accident to impact you in the form of a judgment or even wage garnishment.
4 COMMON REASONS TO HAVE MASSACHUSETTS UMBRELLA INSURANCE
Even the nicest of doggies can bite someone. In the event of a bad dog bite, your home insurance policy may not cover all the damages. While Fido may be your best friend, you would still want your wages protected from garnishment
Teenagers are four times as likely to get into an accident. Every year we hear about a teenage driving fatality or impairment. Adding a teen to your policy can be pricy, but a severe accident could cost you your home.
When it’s nice out we all want to sit by our pool. A simple slip and fall at a party can impair someone for a significant amount of time. In the event of a slip and fall at your home, you would want your friends and family to have the best care to help them through a long injury or impairment. You, as the homeowner, are held liable for accidents on your property.
We all throw the occasional dinner party, 4th of July cookout or holiday party. Did you know if someone has one drink at your home and gets into a severe accident, you can be held liable for any impairments incurred?
We understand that adding an additional expense to your insurance budget every month may not be what you are interested in. However, in our real lives, real risk can happen. If we think of the people we know, we know of some severe accidents or close calls that have happened. For less than $1 per day you can sleep at night knowing that if your close call actually turned into a real catastrophe, your family’s lifestyle can be protected.
- We stop and get to know you and what your exposure is; everything from Roxxy, the family pet, to the future teenage driver.
- Since we understand insurance costs are on your mind, we will always provide you options for deductibles and payment structures so you can get the coverage you need within your budget goals.
- Combining your home and auto insurance with Berry means great discounts and better coverage. Also, if you have a claim you are working with one agent not three.
- We believe it’s our responsibility to educate you on insurance products, such as umbrella, that you didn’t know existed or that you needed.
- The Berry team will make sure you understand why you need this coverage. It’s not a sales pitch with us; it’s caring about your family.