02 Feb 2017 6 Tips for Your in-Home LuLaRoe Pop-Up Party
It’s official ….. you’re sucked in. You have been buying LuLaRoe leggings left and right. So much so that you’ve decided to share your love of LuLaRoe with all your friends by hosting an in-home pop-up party at your house. Yay! What’s not to love about this? I mean, a girls night with all your friends and a whole lot of amazing clothes? Yup, sign me up! (Invite please!)
But before you open your doors, here are our 6 tips for hosting an in-home LuLaRoe popup in your home:
- Get to know your LuLaRoe fashion consultant. This person will be coming into your home with a whole lot of stuff – inventory, hanging racks, bags of leggings, her laptop, etc. Be sure you know what is being brought so you can plan accordingly for the space she’ll need to set up.
- Verify your LuLaRoe consultant has business insurance. Listen, nobody likes a “Debbie Downer”, but I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t important. What happens if someone trips over a bag of leggings and gets hurt? Or what if one of those clothing racks topples over and injures a child, or damages some of your personal belongings? Your Massachusetts homeowners insurance policy won’t protect you for injuries caused by someone else, so you’ll want to make sure they have the proper Massachusetts business insurance.
- Consider skipping the vino. While we are on the topic of insurance, I’d be remiss to ignore the obvious – trying on clothes with friends is fun, but trying them on with friends while having a glass of wine is a good time! That being said, if you insist on serving alcohol at your popup, you could be on the hook if anyone drinks and drives and gets in an accident. Do you have enough liability coverage to take that on?
- If you’ve opened your event up to the public (rather than just close friends and family), be sure to secure any of your personal / valuable belongings. You never want to think about having something stolen from you, but the potential is always there when someone you don’t know is in your home.
- Protect your WiFi. Your LuLaRoe fashion consultant will need access to wifi for their laptop and invoicing system. Be sure you have a secure network that is password protected for them to use. You wouldn’t want the risk of a friend’s credit card being hacked while paying for their new LuLa goodies!
- Ask your LuLaRoe consultant if they can support a charity during your event. Many will donate a portion of their proceeds to a charity of your choice. If you have one that you love, this is a win-win!
- BONUS TIP: Many LuLaRoe fashion consultants give hostess rewards for holding an in-home LuLaRoe popup. And some may even host your event on Facebook at the same time as your party, so you get more sales exposure. Be sure to ask how your event will be set up so you maximize the fun (and your bonus rewards!)
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, don’t forget to invite us to the party! And if you are wondering if your current insurance will protect you for any of the above, give us a call. We’re here to help!